Friday, February 26, 2010

Valentines Weekend

With Valentine's Day on a Sunday this year, we just had to party the whole weekend! Most of it was spent up at my brother and sister-in-law's house in Syracuse, UT. (It's a really cute one that was built in the 50's.) Jason and my brother Tony decided to go ice fishing up in Idaho, so the rest of us had a BLAST just hanging out. I gotta say, I was really impressed with my sister-in-law, Kristianne. There were times when I was a little tired of things or wondering if the kids wanted to watch a movie, but she was constantly having more stuff for them to do, like making cookies, building a fort, playing games, making valentines, and a whole bunch of other ideas. She's like super-mom!:) Thanks again for all the fun we had!

Making heart sugar cookies with LOTS of flour

Hanging out with cousin Max (what a cutie!:)

The absolutely fabulous fort in the basement. This was SO much fun for my kids. When I was little, forts were a couple of blankets and chairs, but this took up most of the family room downstairs. You could actually fit all of us in there!:)

Maybe we didn't exactly have the most romantic Valentine's Day in the world, but my kids sure had a good time, and that's what's most important. Besides, Jason and I still exchanged gifts Saturday night and ate Rumbi Island Grill food while watching Mythbusters. What's better than that?:)

No comments:

Post a Comment