Thursday, May 20, 2010

You've got to try this!

I had to make another cake for Mary's birthday for an extended family party, but I didn't just want to make the same cake over again. Mary said she wanted more flowers, and I wasn't entirely sure what to do. Then my awesome mom directed me to a video on the Studio 5 website, and I had my answer. (That's a local morning talk show.)
Pretty, huh? It's a mix of fake flowers and CUPCAKES! You use all the stuff you would to make a fake flower arrangement, like styrafoam, a pot, flowers, etc., but then you add cupcakes that have been decorated to look like flowers. The trick is to freeze the cupcakes before you add them so they will stick on to the toothpicks you use. Needless to say, Mary LOVED this, and she wasn't the only one! If you want to see the whole demonstration video, just got to studio5.ksl.com and search under "cupcake bouquets." It's so easy, and the different ideas are endless! I'm so excited to do it again for something else. Anybody need a party cake?:)

No comments:

Post a Comment