Monday, January 4, 2010

Merry Crazy Christmas!

What a crazy Christmas season! I swear every year that I'm not going to let my family be involved in as many things, but I somehow end up with even more. At least it's all worth it in the end, even if everyone does get burned out. Here are some of the highlights.

Savannah had a showcase in her dance class, and she did such an amazing job. It's so sweet to watch her little feet do lots of ballet and tap dancing steps. She's absolutely adorable!

Isaiah had a program the last day of preschool before Christmas break, complete with songs and presents for the parents. He did a really great job. He tried SO hard to remember all the words to the songs, even if he had no idea what he was saying.:)


Christmas Day itself was pretty nuts, too. Although it was better than usual since Jason's parents were in Hawaii. (We had yet another Christmas party when they came back.) I just love watching my kids get so excited to open all of their presents, and I really enjoy that they are just as excited to give presents to everyone else. I'm glad the true spirit of the season is shining through for them. It was absolutely wonderful to be able to celebrate in our own home this year as well. It's always interesting to find out where to put the tree and all the decorations in a new place, but there's nothing like the feeling of Christmas in your first home.:)

It's hard to tell what's going on here, but Isaiah is absolutely THRILLED to have his own "mcuter" (computer-a VTech thing.) He absolutely LOVES it!


Savannah was so excited to have her very first "real" bike--as in, not a tricycle or a wiggle car. She's even been braving the freezing cold to try it out on our sidewalk.
Mary was so excited about everything! I don't think she even cared that much about her presents compared to all the fun stuff going on around her. (This cute picture of her is at my parent's house.)

What crazy times! And this list doesn't even inculde all the light rides, famiy parties, Christmas concerts, friend visits, and everything else that goes along with the season. (It's made me tired again just to think about it all.) Oh, well. Like I said before, it's definately worth it.:)

1 comment: