Saturday, October 10, 2009

I Have the Best Kids EVER!

I just wanted to quickly share an absolutely adorable moment with you all. Savannah and I were at the store recently, picking out a card for Jason's & my anniversary on the 11th. (It's already #7!) As we were looking through the selection, she got a concerned expression on her face, and our conversation went something like this:
"Mommy, what's an anniversary?"
"It's like the birthday of when Daddy and I got married."

"So you're getting a card for Daddy?"
"Yes, sweetie."
"But I don't have a card to give you guys."
"Well honey, you don't really need to give us one, but if you want, you could always make one."
"Okay, but I'd need your help and that won't work because I need to surprise you."
At this point, I leaned over and gave Savannah a big hug and told her that we would figure it all out. I thought it was sweet that she wanted to do anything for us in the first place.
Then this morning I awoke to the sounds of little feet and a few giggles. "I'm getting a piece of paper from the computer, okay Mommy?" Still half asleep, I just sounded my consent. Then I heard Isaiah. "Mommy! Daddy! Come downstairs so we can surprise you!" Jason and I just looked at each other, smiled, and trotted downstairs. All 3 of my adorable children were waiting to yell "Surprise!" The came running with hand-made cards AND envelopes, complete with drawn stamps. There were lots of hearts and stick figure drawings of Mommy and Daddy. Needless to say, I just hugged everyone as I began to cry. And if that wasn't enough, Savannah has been giving me more cards all day today. (I think the total is at 3 or 4 now.) I can't believe how adorable they all are, and what makes it even better is that they did it all by themselves. My kids are the greatest!:)

2 comments: